Tuesday 22 May 2012

Dark Shadows is now available from Fictionwise



With a 15% off deal. Be sure to check it out while it lasts! :P



With distractions around her and danger nearby, will Layla escape death, keeping her secret? Or will it end when the hunter steps from the shadows?


Layla is incredibly weak from serious wounds after the attack and the hunger raging inside of her does not help. When Shade tempts her, with not just his body, but with his blood also, Layla struggles harder than ever. As much as she wants his blood pouring into her mouth while he takes her, she cannot do it. Her secret, her hidden identity will get out—and that she cannot handle.
Layla tries to continue to live her life as normal, however, things turn bad when Layla and Nikalye discover something and Layla has to fight for her life, putting everyone in serious danger.
Layla is on the lookout now, and the only distraction is Shade. When he speaks, when he breathes down her neck and touches her, she cannot remember anything but him. When they get intimate, it is all she can do to keep herself breathing as he pleasures her. She cannot understand how they both react so strongly with each other, but she does not care.
Yet she feels as though something is going to go horribly wrong, not with Shade and herself, but something else, something bigger…and she is not wrong.
It is worse than before and Layla has no choice now but to reveal whom she really is, and risk everyone hating her for the rest of her time in the academy.
What is her secret?



Excerpt:

   I ducked when a knife flew my way, and rolled forward, kicking the nearest vampire. I hooked my leg around his and tripped him up before punching him hard. I twisted around and kicked another, hard in the face.   I jumped in the air and spun around, snapping a vampire’s neck around, as I landed, I spun on my heels and knocked some of the vampires’ feet out from underneath them. Some had quick reactions however and jumped it. One of the vampires grabbed my hair and pulled me roughly to my feet. I head butted him hard but that did not faze him—he just simply head butted me. Everything went black for a second and I felt the world around me spin before I forced my eyes open. I grabbed the vampire’s hands and used the strength in my arms to lift myself up. I hooked my left leg around the vampire’s neck and spun myself around. His neck snapped and he dropped to the floor. I landed beside him painfully but forced myself to roll to my feet, where I swayed a little. The vampires advanced on me and all I could do was stagger back while the world righted itself.

  “You know what we’re going to do once we have you restrained?We’re going to go and have fun with your little friends.”
   I glanced at where Shade was standing, I saw that his friends were restraining him so he didn’t run out in the daylight and injure himself to protect me. I stopped for a second, caught up in the moment.
    It was that second they needed. They were on me in an instance, tripping me to the floor and pinning my arms over my head. I screamed with rage as the ones not retraining me walked towards the others..
    Pain shot through my arm, to the rest of my body. I screamed and looked at my left arm. I saw the hilt of the short sword pressed tightly against my hand...








 

No comments:

Post a Comment